Computer Weekly’s 2017 Salary Survey for the Tech industry is out. This annual research presents findings from 738 interviews with IT professionals throughout the UK and Ireland on their earnings and career expectations.
If you work in the tech industry or looking to switch jobs, it’s worth a read. Here’s the low-down from the report:
Average Salaries for IT Professionals in the UK & Ireland
- Senior IT Managers receive an average income of £112,000 per annum
- The average annual salary for IT staff is £37,010
- The average salary for IT profs working in IT for less than 7 years is £42,835
- The average salary for IT profs working in IT between 7-19 years is £62,092
- The average salary for IT profs working in IT for over 20 years is £73,413
- 65% of IT professionals received a raise in the past year
- 72% expect a raise in salary and bonus in the coming year
Bonuses for IT Professionals in the UK & Ireland
- Almost 25% of those earning between £35k and £49k received a bonus of 20% or more on top of their salary
- 40% of those earning over £100k received a bonus of 20% or more on top of their salary
Career Progression & Job Loyalty in the UK/Ireland IT Industry
- 45% of IT professionals aren’t actively looking to leave their job but would consider moving for the right opportunity.
- 23% of IT professionals are expecting to leave their company in the next 3-5 years
- 84% agreed that continued education and training is important in moving towards their career goals.
As a tech recruitment agency, the salaries reflect our own findings although, as in all cases, we do see variances in salaries and packages. How do the figures compare to your salary and bonus scheme? If you’re interested in exploring the options, drop us a line at Provide.
You can read the full Salary Survey here: http://www.computerweekly.com/feature/IT-salary-survey