There’s been a sharp rise in both the appreciation and requirement for qualified tech professionals by employers in the past year, according to a significant survey amongst IT professionals and decision makers. Now, more than ever, the tech industry is looking for certifications and rewarding them well.
Global Knowledge, who have been surveying tech pros for over 10 years, have seen first-hand how opinions have changed about certifications in the IT industry – and what a difference they’re making to salaries for up-to-date employees.
94% of decision makers want certified employees
They revealed that in 2011, 35% of decision makers felt that certifications directly lead to more effective staff. Five years later and that number jumped to 85% and in 2017, 94% of senior management agreed with the sentiment and observation.
The data supports the importance and economic benefits of employing certified staff, too. 57% of decision makers estimate that a certified employee adds $10,000 of benefits per year to the company.
Why has there been such a sharp rise in the importance of certifications?
There are many reasons but looking at the current climate and skills gap within the tech industry, and the rise in new, disruptive technologies within IoT, cloud computing, cyber security and smart cities, the skills of yesterday need updating.
Technology has moved fast, and we are now dealing with emerging solutions that have never been seen before. Employees need to skill up or get out.
Fortunately, it is also infinitely easier to study for certification than ever before thanks to remote, online and flexible learning options.
Certifications offer ample benefits for employer and employee, including advancement for businesses and higher salaries for workers. According to Global Knowledge, here are the certifications to go for that offer the highest salaries in 2018:
Top Paying Tech Certifications for 2018
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) –
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified ScrumMaster –
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Server Infrastructure
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N)